From an IM conversation with my friend, Julie, who is also a new hire at my office (we were co-workers previously, then friends, now both).
Maggie Francis 1:20 PM
Did you not get the talk about clear vs dark trashcan liners?
Julie Boone 1:28 PM
Hmm! Guess not!
I know we have recycling bins but they say glass and plastic only
Maggie Francis 1:31 PM
usually large bins near printers with clear liners. Those are for paper
and the ones in your cube are theoretically for paper only (note: clear liner) but most in-cube trash is more diverse than that
Julie Boone 1:32 PM
k... so I should take my paper to the large bin near a printer for recycling?
Cool! (H)
Maggie Francis 1:32 PM
if it's the same kind of bin that's by our printer, yes.
perhaps ask Jody. She knows all rules
also, I love that a blog is called "nerdist" http://www.nerdist.com/2013/01/copy-that-did-glee-pilfer-jonathan-coultons-baby-got-back/
Julie Boone 1:34 PM
LOL!
Maggie Francis 1:34 PM
i might be following Wil Wheaton on twitter
Julie Boone 1:34 PM
Ahh, K. Yes I will ask Jody, who is keeper of all good knowledge.
And why shouldn't you?
Maggie Francis 1:34 PM
yes! exactly!
I only wish I knew more about Dr Who.
Julie Boone 1:34 PM
Why?
Maggie Francis 1:35 PM
then I could tweet references like all the cool nerds
somewhere in my ascension to adult nerddom, I missed the Dr Who train.
Julie Boone 1:35 PM
LOL! Dr Who, Star Trek, Star Wars -- they all count. ;)
Maggie Francis 1:36 PM
I need to go to my friends house and hold his baby and get educated. He owns all of all of it. And has it memorized
Julie Boone 1:37 PM
The other gaping hole in my ascent to hip nerd-dom is that I haven't read H.P. Lovecraft. 'course, I can't pronounce half his made-up titles for things, so I've only recently noticed.
Maggie Francis 1:39 PM
well, you're one more then me, cause I don't even know what that is.
I think I should declare this summer the Summer of NerdDom and immerse myself. Like a language immersion class, only for aspiring nerds
Julie Boone 1:40 PM
See, but if I typed "Cluthlu," or something like that, you'd probably recognize it because it gets referenced like Dr. Who. That's Lovecraft.
Maggie Francis 1:40 PM
OMG, I just realized that's a FANTASTIC IDEA
Julie Boone 1:40 PM
Ooh, I likey!!!! Can we have a club?
Maggie Francis 1:40 PM
YES
YES WE CAN
Julie Boone 1:40 PM
I'm SO IN!!!!!
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD."
Psalm 139:1-6 (NIV)


No comments:
Post a Comment