Saturday, February 7, 2009

Allison lost her first tooth!

Five years after cutting her first tooth, she lost her first tooth. An exciting day, indeed! Interestingly enough, she lost it at school during a lesson on dental hygeine. For some reason this little milestone really tugged at my heartstrings. I dang near cried when I got the email from her kindergarten teacher! I guess it's just very tangible evidence that little girl stuff is being left behind, and a big girl is in our midst.
(The pink stuff on her eyelids is eyeshadow. She's not allowed to wear it out of the house -- only play in it. Thus, she comes home from school every day and paints herself up. I really should take more pictures of it and file them away for future blackmail.)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Should we be old enough to have kids losing their teeth? I can't believe it...but it sounds like she had really good timing!

"O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD."
Psalm 139:1-6 (NIV)